As a sommelier and brewer, I have had the opportunity to create and present many gift boxes. When it comes to filling the bottom of a gift box, there are a few tips and tricks that can help elevate the presentation and make the items inside stand out. Here's what I recommend:
1. Bunched up paper: Start by adding bunched up paper to the bottom of the box. This not only adds height and dimension to the box but also helps create a stable base for the items. You can use tissue paper, colorful wrapping paper, or even shredded newspaper for this purpose.
2. Colorful shredded filler: Once you have the bunched up paper in place, cover it with colorful shredded filler. This adds a pop of color to the box and helps lift up the items so they don't get “lost” in the box. You can find ready-made shredded filler in various colors and materials at craft stores, or you can make your own using colored paper or cellophane.
3. Wrapping edible items: If you're including edible items in the gift box, it's a good idea to take them out of their commercial packages and wrap them up in more decorative containers. For example, if you're gifting a bottle of wine or craft beer, remove it from its original box and place it in a wine bag or beer carrier. This adds a touch of elegance and makes the gift feel more personalized.
4. Personal touches: Don't be afraid to add personal touches to the gift box. For example, you can include a handwritten note or a small card with a heartfelt message. You can also add small decorative elements like ribbons, stickers, or dried flowers to enhance the overall presentation.
5. Consider the recipient's preferences: When filling a gift box, it's important to consider the recipient's preferences and interests. If they have a favorite color or theme, try to incorporate it into the packaging. If they have dietary restrictions or preferences, make sure to choose edible items that align with those.
When filling a gift box, start by adding bunched up paper to the bottom for height and stability. Cover it with colorful shredded filler to add dimension and lift up the items. Wrap edible items in more decorative containers and don't forget to add personal touches. Consider the recipient's preferences to create a personalized and thoughtful gift box.