Allspice dram, also knon as pimento dram, is a bold and flavorful liqueur made with rum and allspice berries. It originated in Jamaica and is a staple ingredient in many tropical cocktails. Here are some of the best allspice dram cocktails to try:
2. Hot Buttered Rum: This warm and cozy cocktail is perfect for chilly nights. Combine spiced rum, hot water, and a spoonful of butter and sugar. Add a dash of allspice dram for a spicy kick.
5. Pineapple Rum Punch: This refreshing punch is made with pineapple juice, rum, lime juice, and a splash of allspice dram. Top with soda water for a fizzy finish.
6. Sangria: This fruity wine cocktail is perfect for summer gatherings. Combine red wine, brandy, and fruit juice. Add a splash of allspice dram for a spicy twist.
7. Spiced Hot Toddy: This warm and soothing cocktail is made with hot water, honey, lemon juice, and spiced rum. Add a dash of allspice dram for extra flavor.
Allspice dram is a versatile ingredient that can add depth and complexity to a variety of cocktails. Whether you're sipping a refreshing pineapple punch or cozying up with a spiced hot toddy, allspice dram is sure to add an extra kick of flavor to your drinks.
Using St Elizabeth Allspice Dram
St Elizabeth Allspice Dram can be used in a variety of ways to enhance the flavor of your drinks. Here are some ways you can use it:
1. In rum punches: Allspice dram adds a warm, spicy note to rum punches. Add a splash to your favorite rum punch recipe for an extra kick.
2. As the base note of tropical drinks: Allspice dram can serve as the base note of many tropical drinks. Use it in combination with othr fruit juices and spirits for a delicious and complex cocktail.
3. In mulled wine: Add a splash of allspice dram to your favorite mulled wine recipe for a warm and spicy twist on this classic winter drink.
4. As a seasoning for sangria: Add a few drops of allspice dram to your sangria recipe to give it a unique and flavorful twist.
5. Great with grapefruit or pineapple juice drinks: Use allspice dram in combination with grapefruit or pineapple juice for a tropical drink that's bursting with flavor.
6. In coffee: Add a splash of allspice dram to your coffee for a warm and spicy pick-me-up.
St Elizabeth Allspice Dram is a versatile and flavorful ingredient that can add depth and complexity to a wide variety of drinks.
What Is the Origin of the Name ‘Allspice Dram'?
Allspice dram is called so because it is a liqueur that is flavored with allspice berries. Allspice berries are also known as pimento berries, as they come from the pimento tree. The term “dram” refers to a unit of measurement used for spirits and liqueurs, equivalent to 1/8 of a fluid ounce. Therefore, allspice dram can be understood as a liqueur made with allspice berries that is typically measured in drams. It is worth noting that allspice is so named because it is said to taste like a combination of cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, hence “all” spice.
What Is Allspice Dram?
Allspice dram is a liqueur that is made primarily from allspice berries, wich are the dried berries of the pimento tree. The berries themselves are native to Jamaica, and this is where the liqueur originated. Allspice dram is typically made by infusing allspice berries into a base spirit, which is often rum. Other ingredients that are commonly used in the production of allspice dram include sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. The sugar is used to sweeten the liqueur, while the cinnamon and cloves add additional spice notes to the flavor profile. Once the ingredients are combined, the mixture is typically left to infuse for several weeks or even months, allowing the flavors to meld together and intensify. The resulting liqueur is a rich, spicy, and complex spirit that is often used in cocktails to add depth and complexity.
Allspice dram is a versatile liqueur with a bold and spicy flavor that pairs perfectly with rum in tropical cocktails. Its intense spiced clove finish adds a unique and complex flavor profile to mixed drinks, making it a favorite amng mixologists and cocktail enthusiasts alike. Allspice dram can also be used in mulled wine, sangria, and coffee, adding a warm and cozy spiced note to these drinks. Its origin in Jamaica and use of allspice berries, also known as pimento, adds a touch of exotic flair to any cocktail. Whether you're sipping a classic rum punch or creating your own unique concoction, allspice dram is a must-have ingredient for any home bar.