The Sweet Taste of Corn Whiskey

is an alcoholic drink that has been around for centuries. It is a type of distilled spirit that is made from various grains, including corn, barley, , and wheat. However, when it comes to corn whiskey, as the name suggests, corn is the primary ingredient.

Corn whiskey is a popular American liquor that is made from at least 80% corn. The remaining 20% of the mash is typically made up of barley and rye. The corn used in the mash is usually of the No. 1 quality grade, which gives the mash a sweet and inviting flavor.

Unlike some other types of whiskey, corn whiskey is subject to federal laws and regulations that govern the production of alcoholic beverages. This means that it is made using traditional methods and is not subject to the same stereotypes as other types of moonshine, which are often made using sugar and other additives.

One of the unique aspects of corn whiskey is its flavor profile. Corn whiskey has a distinct sweetness that is not found in other types of whiskey. This sweetness comes from the corn used in the mash, which creates a unique flavor that is both smooth and flavorful.

Another interesting aspect of corn whiskey is its aging process. Like other types of whiskey, corn whiskey is typically aged in charred oak . However, unlike other types of whiskey, corn whiskey does not have to be aged for a specific amount of time. This means that corn whiskey can be bottled and sold immediately after distillation, which makes it a popular choice for those who prefer a younger and fresher taste.

Corn whiskey is a unique and flavorful type of whiskey that is made using traditional methods and high-quality ingredients. Its distinct sweetness and smooth flavor profile make it a popular choice amng whiskey enthusiasts. Whether you prefer your whiskey neat or mixed in a cocktail, corn whiskey is a versatile spirit that is sure to please.

Corn Whiskey 1686208556

What Kind Of Alcohol Is Made From Corn?

Corn whiskey is an alcoholic that is primarily made from corn. It is a type of American whiskey that uses a traditional mash process, and is subject to the tax and identity laws for uner federal law. Distinct from the stereotypical American moonshine, which typically involves adding sugar to the mash, corn whiskey is made from a mash of at least 80% corn. The remaining 20% can be made up of other grains such as barley or rye. Corn whiskey is typically unaged or aged for a short period of time in oak barrels, resulting in a clear or slightly yellowish color. It has a distinct corn flavor and aroma, and is often described as being smoother and less harsh than other types of whiskey.

Does Whiskey Contain Corn?

Whiskey can contain corn. Corn is one of the most commonly used grains in whiskey production. It is often used as the primary grain in whiskey, which must be made with at least 51% corn by law (2). Other types of whiskey may also use corn in their mash bill, along with other grains such as barley, rye, or wheat. The use of different grain combinations can impact the flavor profile and character of the whiskey.


Whiskey is a beloved alcoholic beverage that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is made from fermented grain mashes, with the most common grains being corn, barley, rye, and wheat. The aging process in charred oak barrels is what gives whiskey its distinctive flavor and color. There are many dfferent types of whiskey, each with its own unique characteristics and production methods. Whether you prefer a smooth and mellow bourbon or a spicy rye, there is a whiskey out there for everyone. So, sit back, pour yourself a glass, and savor the complex and rich flavors of this timeless spirit.

Photo of author

Thomas Ashford

Thomas Ashford is a highly educated brewer with years of experience in the industry. He has a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry and a Master Degree in Brewing Science. He is also BJCP Certified Beer Judge. Tom has worked hard to become one of the most experienced brewers in the industry. He has experience monitoring brewhouse and cellaring operations, coordinating brewhouse projects, and optimizing brewery operations for maximum efficiency. He is also familiar mixology and an experienced sommelier. Tom is an expert organizer of beer festivals, wine tastings, and brewery tours.