When it comes to kegs, most people automatically think of beer. But did you know that kegs can be used for so much more? Imagine having a keg full of delicious, refreshing cocktails at your next party or gathering. Sounds amazing, right? Well, it's totally possible! In this article, we will explore some awesome keg cocktail recipes that will take your bartending skills to the next level.
1. Moscow Mule Keg: This classic cocktail is a crowd favorite and perfect for kegging. Simply mix vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice in your keg, and serve over ice with a lime wedge. Your guests will be impressed with this refreshing and zesty drink.
2. Sangria Keg: Sangria is a popular choice for parties, and kegging it takes it to a whole new level of convenience. Combine red or white wine, fruit juice, and slices of fresh fruits in your keg. Let it sit for a few hours to allow the flavors to meld together, and serve over ice. It's a fruity and refreshing drink that will keep your guests coming back for more.
3. Margarita Keg: Who doesn't love a good margarita? Mix tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and a touch of simple syrup in your keg for a ready-to-serve margarita. Serve with salt-rimmed glasses and a slice of lime for the ultimate cocktail experience.
4. Mojito Keg: This classic Cuban cocktail is perfect for kegging. Combine rum, fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup in your keg. Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge. It's a refreshing and minty drink that will transport your guests to a tropical paradise.
5. Paloma Keg: The Paloma is a popular Mexican cocktail that combines tequila and grapefruit soda. Mix tequila, grapefruit soda, and a squeeze of lime juice in your keg. Serve over ice with a grapefruit wedge for a tangy and citrusy drink.
6. Pina Colada Keg: Transport your guests to a tropical beach with this creamy and delicious cocktail. Mix rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice, and a touch of simple syrup in your keg. Serve over ice with a pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry on top.
7. Mojito Watermelon Keg: Take your mojito game to the next level by serving it in a hollowed-out watermelon. Blend fresh watermelon chunks, rum, fresh mint leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup in a blender. Pour the mixture into a hollowed-out watermelon and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours. Serve with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge for a refreshing and unique cocktail experience.
8. Whiskey Sour Keg: Whiskey lovers will appreciate this classic cocktail served straight from the keg. Mix whiskey, lemon juice, and simple syrup in your keg. Serve over ice with a cherry and a lemon slice for a tart and satisfying drink.
9. White Russian Keg: This creamy and indulgent cocktail is perfect for kegging. Mix vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream in your keg. Serve over ice with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top for a decadent treat.
10. Raspberry Lemonade Keg: For a non-alcoholic option, consider kegging a refreshing raspberry lemonade. Blend fresh raspberries, lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a blender. Pour the mixture into your keg and serve over ice with a few fresh raspberries for a fruity and thirst-quenching drink.
11. Arnold Palmer Keg: This classic combination of iced tea and lemonade is perfect for kegging. Mix equal parts of unsweetened iced tea and lemonade in your keg. Serve over ice with a lemon wedge for a refreshing and timeless drink.
So, the next time you're planning a party or gathering, consider kegging your cocktails for a convenient and impressive drink experience. With these keg cocktail recipes, you'll take your bartending skills to a whole new level and leave your guests wanting more. Cheers to creativity and deliciousness!
How Long Do Kegged Cocktails Last?
Kegged cocktails have a shelf life of four months and 28 days after tapping. These pre-prepared cocktails are supplied to the bar in kegs, ready to be served. The liquid in the keg is flat, meaning it does not have any carbonation. However, when the cocktail is dispensed from the tap, either CO2 or Nitrogen is mixed in to provide the desired carbonation.
It is important to note that both CO2 and Nitrogen charged cocktails can be served from the same keg at the same time. This allows bars to offer a variety of cocktails without the need for multiple kegs.
To summarize, kegged cocktails can last for up to four months and 28 days after tapping. The cocktails are supplied in kegs, and the liquid is flat until it is dispensed from the tap where CO2 or Nitrogen is added for carbonation. This allows bars to serve a range of carbonated cocktails from a single keg.
Keg cocktail recipes offer a wide range of delicious and convenient options for serving drinks at events, parties, or even in the comfort of your own home. From classic cocktails to unique creations, the possibilities are endless. By kegging cocktails, you can ensure consistent quality and flavor while also saving time and effort in the preparation process. Whether it's a refreshing ginger beer, a crisp glass of wine, or a flavorful kombucha, kegging allows you to enjoy these beverages on tap, just like a professional bartender. Furthermore, kegs of pre-prepared cocktails provide a convenient solution for bars, with a long shelf life and the ability to serve multiple cocktails simultaneously. So, if you're looking to elevate your beverage game, consider kegging your favorite cocktails and enjoy the convenience, consistency, and taste that it brings. Cheers!