The Quality of Masterson’s Rye Whisky

Masterson's is a 10 year old, whisky made with care by Alberta Distillers for 35 Maple Street in California. The brand has recently been acquired by Deutsch Family & from 3 Badge Corporation, and the price was undisclosed.

This whisky is made in the traditional way, using at least 51% rye grain for its ingredients. The remaining 49% of ingredients can be sourced from other grains such as barley, corn and rye. This gives Masterson's Bourbon a unique flavor that cannot be found in any other on the market today.

At 10 years old, this bourbon is aged to perfection, allowing all of its natural botanical flavors to be released and enjoyed. Its unique flavor profile includes hints of oak, spice and vanilla that are sure to delight anone who takes a sip.

This isn't the first time the brand has been saved from extinction; in 1999 Heaven Hill Distillery purchased it when whiskey popularity was on the decline. Since then Masterson's Bourbon has become an iconic spirit loved by many around the world.

Masterson's Bourbon is currently available for purchase online or in select stores throughout California and beyond. Whether you are looking for a special treat for yourself or as a gift for someone else, Masterson's Bourbon is sure to please even the most discerning palate!

Mastersons Rye Whisky 1676727675

Mastersons Whiskey: Where is it Made?

Masterson's 10 year old rye whisky is made in Canada by Alberta Distillers, located at 35 Maple Street in California. Alberta Distillers has been producing whisky since 1946, and their commitment to quality and craftsmanship is evident in their award-winning Masterson's whiskey. All of the ingredients used in the whisky are sourced in Canada and distilled using traditional methods to create a smooth, mellow flavor with every bottle.

Who Is the Owner of Masterson's Whiskey?

Masterson's whiskey is now owned by Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits, a large wine and spirits company based in Stamford, Connecticut. The acquisition was announced in May 2021 and the sale price was undisclosed. Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is an affiliate of the Proximo Spirits portfolio, which includes popular labels such as Jose Cuervo , Kraken , and Three Olives . This marks the latest move by big wine and spirits companies to acquire small whiskey brands, as they look to capitalize on the growing popularity of craft spirits.

The Highest Rated Rye Whiskey

The highest rated rye whiskey is widely considered to be Basil Hayden's Dark Rye Whiskey. This award-winning spirit has earned multiple accolades from renowned experts. It boasts a unique blend of spicy rye, smooth bourbon and subtle hints of peppermint that come together for a well-balanced flavor profile. The aroma is equally enticing, with notes of oak, leather and caramel that linger on the palate. With its complex flavor and smooth finish, it's easy to see why this is considered one of the best rye whiskeys on the market today.


Masterson's 10 year old rye whiskey is a unique and flavorful spirit, distilled in Canada using the traditional 51% rye grain recipe. After being acquired by Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits in 2020, it has been kept alive and enjoyed by whiskey connoisseurs around the world. Masterson's is now part of an elite group of whiskeys from Heaven Hill Distillery, including Rittenhouse Straight Rye Whisky, that are made in accordance with strict regulations to ensure quality and taste. With its rich history and smooth finish, Masterson's will continue to delight whiskey lovers for many years to come.

Photo of author

Thomas Ashford

Thomas Ashford is a highly educated brewer with years of experience in the industry. He has a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry and a Master Degree in Brewing Science. He is also BJCP Certified Beer Judge. Tom has worked hard to become one of the most experienced brewers in the industry. He has experience monitoring brewhouse and cellaring operations, coordinating brewhouse projects, and optimizing brewery operations for maximum efficiency. He is also familiar mixology and an experienced sommelier. Tom is an expert organizer of beer festivals, wine tastings, and brewery tours.